What should I know about virtual tours and 360° panoramas
The clients like to know what they are buying. They want to see goods right from home. They don’t like to spend their precious time on the road to see all by they own eyes. People want to choose goods right from home. No wonder that the consumer goods sales by the internet are growing like a snowball.But how to sell a building by the internet? How to show a flat or a landscape by the internet? Actually, even if you will use just a simple photo of the flat, it is a great advantage. A lot of people on realty sites don’t even look on offers without photos. But virtual tours and 360° panoramas is the whole new way to differentiate your offer from all others. Virtual tours give much bigger presence effect than plane, still photos. Client yet wasn’t at the place but with virtual tour it’s like he walked there and already aimed for it!
What is 360° panorama?
It’s like the view point on the top of Eiffel Tower: you can look around and examine a lot of interesting details. 360° means that you can look at any direction: to the left, to the right or even backward.
What is virtual tour?
It’s several view points, between which you can travel like on an excursion. In every view point you can interact with different objects, for example, you can read the history of the building you are looking at or to listen to the voice of a guide.
Who are using virtual tours?
Café, restaurants, hotels, movie theaters, realty agents, developers, travel industry, yacht sellers. Using virtual tours, they are showing the comfort and the atmosphere, which are waiting for their customers. This raises the client’s confidence and more people are booking the place. Moreover, virtual tours are the best to show a manufacture, to give a presence effect of an event to the news readers or to show them a landscape in all its beauty.
Why are the virtual tours useful for me?
- You can give an opportunity to see all the things from your eyes to the people who are at the distant place on the planet.
- You will attract more clients as they can see your place much better than your rival’s place
- You will raise their confidence as they don’t need to buy pig in a poke anymore
- Clients can sense and fall in love with the atmosphere of your place before they get to it.
- You can retain them on your site much longer. People like to examine the panoramas. Furthermore, they are not passively looking on photos, but actively interacting with your site, which makes them memorize it much more effectively.
- You can transfer your feelings about some place or event much better
Who can make virtual tours?
You can make a virtual tour by yourself or to give it in the hands of professionals.
What do I need to create a virtual tour?
Actually, if you have a photo camera or a smarthpone, it’s enough. If you want to be a professional, you need good camera, tripod and panoramic head .
Is it complicated to build in a virtual tour into my site?
No. Actually, it’s very easy with Tourmaker. Just copy the code generated by our site and insert it on your site. If you want, you can also publish your panorama in Facebook and Twitter or download the virtual tour files on your computer and keep it in your place.
What else is there in virtual tours?
There are a lot of interesting things which you can build in virtual tour
- Add your text to the objects, for example, a biography of the owner for the building
- Make the object mark upon the mouse pointer (it calls ” hotspot” )
- Insert your own images, for example logos or photos
- Make transitions between the locations
- Add a map of the location or Google map
- Insert compass
- Add weather effects (for example, snow)
- Define the automatic camera rotation
- Insert animation and even video
How to shoot a panorama?
We have quite a nice F.A.Q. for panorama photographers.